Sunday, 18 May 2014

No Place Like Home

Helleeerrrr (Madea's voice)

Are you as happy to see the weekend as I was? I'm pretty sure you were. Even though I was to attend a funeral things were not looking up in terms of transportation so I opted to make the drive home to St. Thomas.
What a fruitful parish to be from yet the people are still so 19th century. Lol... I'm mean I know but it's the truth.
Time and time again I have considered moving back home but every time I leave here and drive back to Kingston I realize why I decide to sit there and pay that rent. Its just too far!!!
This weekend has been full of fruits and the occasional bathroom visits :) along with a lovely hairdo from my foundation stylist Kadie..she's so good to me and very affordable too.
I'm glad I'm home though, the mangoes and the plums just reminds me of when i was a kid climbing all these trees at 6am trying to get the first batch before my brother came out. It's nice and cool now too and the morning fresh air is like non other.  
Last weekend I did another 5k. New gears, new time... I'm getting there slowly but surely. I really love to run. Time over 5.47 KM..32.07 minutes. Let's shave the 2 min for the next run shall we 

Overall it's been an awesome weekend...apart from some slight miscommunication that of course I can handle. 
I leave you with this thought : Position, power, money or popularity do not a great man make. It's the way in which we use this to help others that determines how great we are. 
                                                         TW :)

No comments:

Post a Comment